Monday, August 9, 2010

Home Management

“And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.” Psalm 90:17

“Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: and by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.” Proverbs 24:3-4

“Houses and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the Lord.” Proverbs 19:14

Being a homekeeper requires the discipline of organization. What is that? Well, according to Mrs. Julie Fink in her Bible Study Guides, the discipline of organization is the training of ourselves to have self-control over our tendency to do our work at home in a chaotic manner. I’m sure there’s no beauty in a chaotic household, and certainly it will not feel like heaven on earth.

So, in order to establish an organized house, I have put together a Home Management Book. It’s a book where I keep my daily schedule and routines, my menu planner and recipes, my cleaning schedule, my children’s homeschooling journal and lesson plans, my financial records, and some articles. This book will help me keep in track of the things that need to be done everyday.

My Home Management Book cover
In this folder, I keep my daily schedules and routines
This is the Homeschool folder, I keep the children's school routines and journal here
The Household folder is where I keep all my cleaning schedules
This is for the menu planner and recipes
The Finance Folder is to keep our daily financial record
Now that the book is done, the hardest part is to put it into action. I’m not an organized person, so I need to discipline myself to do my schedule and routines, and to do it diligently. And to tell you the truth, I don’t always practice what I preached. I was struck when we went to my friend’s house and my son said that their house is very beautiful and neat. From that moment, I made a promise to myself that I would create a home that filled with beauty.

Lord, help me to be a prudence wife to my husband and a gentle loving mother to my children that I may glorify Your Name. Amen.



8 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your HMB! Yes, the hardest part is to put it into action. I learn about HMB from Candy @ http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com
    She really inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I love the whole thought behind this. I have one for school but not for my day to day. So inspired to get one started. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful book!! I need to try one of these myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your back grounds for your pages? I am one of those people who LOVE to get organized with things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Karen Edelblute
    I got it from www.shabbyprincess.com. It's a digital scrapbooking site where you can download some templates for free. Check it out, who knows, you might like it. Blessings, eve-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours is beautiful, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty book! I have one too and I don't use it for all the things I made it "useful for" but it does come in handy when I need medical information for my kids.

    http://www.halloffamemoms.com/2009/08/my-home-manager-binder/

    I actually have one similar to this that I use for homeschooling as well. This one gets used just about every day! ;)

    http://www.halloffamemoms.com/2010/08/homeschool-record-keeping/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty book you've made! It's so much easier to stay on track when the tool you've created is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete